The Little India Veggie Collection (LIVC) runs every Monday and Friday night. The collection consists of approaching shopkeepers and asking them for their unsellable vegetables that would otherwise be thrown away. These are distributed among our Food Rescuers for their own consumption.
Collection starts at 9.00pm and ends at 10.30pm. To join, register below. Strictly one registration form per person.
Conditions of registration
Note: While Singapore remains at Dorscon Yellow or higher
, the following rules apply to all
SG Food Rescue missions:
- If you do not feel well please do not come for the activity.
- You will not attend if you have travelled to or transited in any country where Singapore has travel restrictions (click for list) in the last 14 days.
- You will not attend if you have been in contact with any person suspected to be suffering from COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You will not attend if you or any of your household members have been issued with a Home Quarantine Order or Leave of Absence in the last 14 days.
- You will not attend if you have had a cough, running nose, sore throat, muscle aches, breathing difficulty, nausea, diarrhea, or fever within the last 14 days.
- You will not attend if your temperature is >37.5C or if on the day you have to take any medication which would supress your temperature.
Please note that during this period, missions may be cancelled at short notice.
By clicking VOLUNTEER, I agree to all the terms listed below:
I confirm I have read the LIVC briefing document from cover to cover.
By joining any SG Food Rescue activity, I agree that the organisers and food donors are not liable for any damages, including but not limited to:
(1) illness due to consumption of food collected or
(2) injury incurred during a volunteer activity.
I understand that volunteers are expected to take adequate precautions to ensure their own safety and wellbeing.
I confirm I am registered with Whatsapp. I understand that if I cannot be contacted by Whatsapp, I cannot join a rescue mission.
I understand that rescue missions may be physically demanding requiring pushing trolleys, lifting boxes and navigating areas with heavy traffic.
I understand that photographs and videos may be taken at the event and used by SG Food Rescue in publications including publicity materials, presentations, websites and social media.
By participating, I grant SG Food Rescue permission to use my likeness in any print and digital media without payment or other consideration.